We love kids at HomeFront! We have reserved a whole wing of our building just for them.
We do everything we can to support parents in the spiritual training of their kids by providing a fun and safe environment where kids can initiate and nurture a personal relationship with God.
We offer a quality children’s program for all kids. Our infants and preschoolers enjoy Promiseland during the entire church service. Our school aged kids kindergarten through third grade go to “Big Church” with their parents for the first 30 minutes of the worship time then are dismissed to come back to Promiseland.
All of our children ages three through third grade enjoy both a large group and a small group experience each week. Our large group sessions are led by people who are gifted to teach and creatively inspire the children to grow in their relationship with God. During this time, which we call Power Up, the school aged children enjoy puppets, music, stories, skits, videos, prayer, and games. Our preschoolers experience all of this too at their age appropriate level in the preschool worship center. In the small group time our children connect with each other and an adult who cares about them. They continue to learn the Big Idea for the day through various fun activities.
Currently we have three experienced part-time staff members who lead our children. Furthermore, each volunteer in Promiseland is screened and trained by our staff.
- Promiseland is…
- Child-targeted – ministering to kids in ways that makes sense to kids.
- Relevant and Application-oriented – helping kids apply the “Big Idea” of each week’s lesson to their lives.
- Creatively driven – relating Bible principles and stories through drama and music.
- Small Group based – providing opportunities for kids to be part of a small “community” where relationships are nurtured.
- Journey sensitive – understanding that every child is in a unique place in their spiritual journey.
- Life-changing – encouraging kids to make wise choices that help them grow in their relationships with God and with others.
- Safe – carefully adhering to predetermined child-safety measures.
- Fun – supplying each Sunday with surprises, laughter, movement and play.
- Prayer-powered – relying on God’s leading and empowerment.
- Team structured – ministering to kids in teams – placing team members by spiritual gifts; training and supporting all team members so that they continue to grow in their love for God and in their service to God.
- Quality-conscience – striving to do everything as well as we can “as to the Lord.”